6th Grade Reading Comprehension Exercise
Read the given passage and answer the following questions.
Just when Pandora was about to open the mysterious box, Epimetheus returned to the cottage. He stood at the cottage door and saw her at the box. If he had cried out, Pandora would probably have withdrawn her hand, and then the fatal mystery of the box might never have been known.
But Epimetheus himself, although he said very little about it, was curious to know what was inside. Perceiving that Pandora was resolved to find out the secret, he determined that his playfellow should not be the only wise person in the cottage.
1. When did Epimetheus return to the cottage?
2. What did Epimetheus determine?
3. Give one word from the passage which means ‘Perhaps’
4. Write the noun form of ‘curious’
5. Write the noun form of ‘mysterious’
6. Write the noun form of ‘wise’
1. Epimetheus returned to the cottage just when Pandora was about to open the mysterious box.
2. Epimetheus determined that his playfellow should not be the only wise person in the cottage.