- We were in Switzerland during last summer.
- I was unwell during the whole of last week.
- He got injured during the match.
- I learned some Italian during my stay in Italy.
Between is used to talk about intervals and time limits. Two events must be mentioned if you want to use between.
- England grew prosperous during Queen Victoria’s reign. (NOT England grew prosperous between Queen Victoria’s reign.
Another example is given below.
- The First World War was fought between 1914 – 18 (NOT The First World War was fought during 1914 – 18.)