Simple present tense worksheet
Posted by Manjusha. Filed in CBSE English Grammar
Complete the following sentences using the simple present tense form of the verb.
The simple present tense is different from other tenses in that it takes the marker s when the subject is a singular noun or the pronoun he, she or it.
1. Young children
.. something new every day. (learn / learns / learned)
2. Good students always
hard. (work / works / worked)
. buildings. (design / designs / designed)
4. My brother is an architect. He
.. skyscrapers. (design / designs / designed)
5. Some birds
every year. (migrate / migrates / migrated)
6. A vegetarian is a person who never
.. meat. (eat / eats / ate)
7. The Himalayas
India from Nepal. (divide / divides / divided)
8. It always
.. here in winter. (rain / rains / rained)
9. My father
.. in a factory. (work / works / worked)
English very well, but she doesnt understand Hindi. (speak / speaks / spoke)
. on grass. (feed / feeds / fed)
12. The trains to Bangalore always
.. on time. (run / runs / ran)
1. Young children learn something new every day.
2. Good students always work hard.
3. Architects design buildings.
4. My brother is an architect. He designs skyscrapers.
5. Some birds migrate every year.
6. A vegetarian is a person who never eats meat.
7. The Himalayas divide India from Nepal.
8. It always rains here in winter.
9. My father works in a factory.
10. Susie speaks English very well, but she doesnt understand Hindi.
11. Cows feed on grass.
12. The trains to Bangalore always run on time.
Click here for a printer friendly version of this simple present tense worksheet