Present perfect tense worksheet
Make sentences in the present perfect tense using the words given in each question.
The present perfect tense is made with has / have + past participle form of the verb.
Use has when the subject is a singular noun (e.g. Jane, Mathews, a girl etc) or pronoun (he, she and it)
Use have when the subject is a plural noun (e.g. boys, girls, children etc.) or pronoun (you, they and we.)
The first person pronoun I also take have.
1. Alice / write / a poem.
2. I / finish / the work.
3. He / go / to / the market.
4. The police / arrest / the culprit.
5. Jane / complete / the assignment.
6. Teacher / ask / the boys / to / hand in / their work.
7. Our team / win / the championship.
8. They / accept / our invitation.
9. Alan / agreed / to come.
10. Jane / already / arrive.
1. Alice has written a poem.
2. I have finished the work.
3. He has gone to the market.
4. The police have arrested the culprit.
5. Jane has completed the assignment.
6. Teacher has asked the boys to hand in their work.
7. Our team has won the championship.
8. They have accepted our invitation.
9. Alan has agreed to come.
10. Jane has already arrived.
Teachers and parents may print these worksheets for their students. Click here for a printer-friendly version of this page.
More Grammar worksheets
Subscribe to our feed and get a grammar ebook for free
Subscribe to our feed and get our eBook 'Perfect Your Sentences: 120 Grammar and vocabulary mistakes to avoid' for free. You will also receive free English grammar, writing and vocabulary lessons. Just leave your email in the box given below. The download link will be sent by email.
For a comprehensive account of English grammar, visit our section English Grammar. For English grammar and vocabulary exercises, visit Grammar and vocabulary exercises. For Business English writing lessons visit Business English New!