Formation Of Adverbs
Most adverbs are formed by adding -ly to their corresponding adjectives. Examples are: kindly (kind), slowly (slow), hardly (hard), sweetly (sweet) etc.
- She is very beautiful (adjective).
- She is beautifully (adverb) dressed.
- He is a strange (adjective) person.
- He behaved strangely (adverb).
Points to be noted
1. If the adjective ends in -y, replace it with -i and then add -ly.
Sections in this article
Position of adverbs
Comparison of adverbs
Position of frequency adverbs
Identifying relative clauses
Omission of relative pronouns