Adverbs or Adjectives
Common examples are: costly, cowardly, deadly, friendly, likely, lively, lonely, lovely, silly, ugly and unlikely.
- She has a lovely daughter.
- Don't be silly.
- It was a lively discussion.
Some adverbs and adjectives have the same form.
Examples are: fast, hard, high, late, near, straight, wrong, daily, early, leisurely etc.
It is a fast (adjective) car.
- A fast (adjective) car goes fast (adverb).
- He drove fast (adverb).
- Hard (adjective) work pays.
- You must work hard (adverb).
- He is an early (adjective) riser.
- I got up early (adverb) today.
- It is easy (adjective).
- Take it easy (adverb)