Call It A Day | English Idioms
To call it a day is to stop working.
- I’m so tired. I think I should call it a day.
- I’m too tired to continue working. Let’s call it a day.
- He called it a day at noon and went home.
- We have finished everything for the day, so let’s call it a day.
- As it was already late we decided to call it a day.
- It is already 10 o’clock – I think it’s time to call it a day.
- In every professional’s life there is a point when they have to call it a day.
Other sentences that have similar meanings are:
- It is already nine o’clock. I think we should pick it up from the morning.
- As it was already late we decided to turn in for the night.