Welcome to our section on English Grammar. This section provides a systematically organised account of the whole of English Grammar. The study materials are designed to benefit intermediate to advanced ESL/EFL learners.
Visit our blog
We have just added a blog to the site where we post daily grammar lessons and interactive exercises. You can access the blog here.
English Grammar - Index
Learn English grammar with Academic Help!
English Grammar Lessons
- Common mistakes with adverbs
- Analysis of a complex sentence
- How to improve your English?
- How to join two sentences by using a relative pronoun?
- Relative adverbs when, where and why
- How to use adverbs effectively
- Joining two sentences into a single compound sentence
- Common mistakes in the use of the simple present and present continuous tenses
- When to use past perfect tense?
- 11 Substitutes for because and because of
- Using do and does for emphasis
- Using the right tense in indirect speech
- 10 English Grammar Tips
- Common writing mistakes of ESL students
- 15 grammar terms you must know
- Make your sentences clearer with parallel structures
- When do we use past verb forms with present or future meanings?
- Differences between simple past and present perfect tense
- Verbs not used in continuous forms
- To as a preposition and an infinitive marker
- How to combine sentences
- Using adjective clauses
- Sentence fragments
- Common writing mistakes
- Will, be going to and the present continuous tense to talk about future
- Common mistakes with however, therefore, moreover, thus and similar words
For help with writing, visit writing service
Parts of speech
- Primary Auxiliary
- Modal Auxiliary
- Degrees of comparison
- Parts of speech
- Common Prepositions: usage
- -ing forms
- Countable and Uncountable nouns
- Common transitional adverbs
- If clauses
- Negative structures Negative questions
- Participles Updated!
- Active and Passive voice
- Personal pronouns
- Direct and indirect speech
- Sentence agreement
- Adverb clauses
- Adjective clause
- Noun clauses
- Sequence of tenses
- Verb patterns
- Transformation of sentences
- Synthesis of sentences
- Order of Words in a Sentence New!
- Agreement of the subject with the verb New!
- Difference between transitional adverbs and conjunctions
Need help with writing? Try Article and Content Writing Service, Amazing Help from Freelancers - worldofwriting.comCommon Errors
- Common mistakes with relative pronouns New!
- Common mistakes with prepositions New!
- Common errors in the use of verbs New!
- Exclamations: common errors New!
- Common errors in the use of adjectives New!
- Is it wrong to ever split an infinitive? New!
- Common mistakes with pronouns New!
- Common mistakes with pronouns - part 2 New!
- Ellipsis: cases where we leave out words New!
- Tag questions New!
- English Grammar Worksheets
- Basic English Grammar - English Grammar Fundamentals New!
- English Grammar - Common errors and confusing points Updated!
- Basic English Usage
For grammar and vocabulary exercises visit English grammar exercises.
For English usage lessons visit English usage.
For English writing lessons visit English writing.
For English speaking lessons visit English speaking.
See AlsoFormal letter sample
Informal letter sample
Sections in this article
Reading comprehension exercises with answers
English comprehension exercises
CBSE class ten English grammar - sentence completion exercise 1
CBSE class ten English grammar - sentence completion exercise 2