Intermediate English Grammar Exercise
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate word or phrase.
1. Does she enjoy ——————- portraits?
a) to paint
d) to painting
2. —————– he was, he went on working.
a) Though tired
b) Tired though
c) As tired
d) Although tired
3. —————– she was, she could not figure out anything.
a) Although shocked
b) Though shocked
c) As shocked
d) Shocked as
4. The peon —————— the bell.
5. She ———————- contain her excitement.
a) can’t hardly
b) could hardly
c) won’t hardly
d) couldn’t hardly
6. —————— students participated in the program.
7. She has —————– on the bed all morning.
8. My uncle gave me his car —————— I was very thankful.
a) to which
b) for which
c) at which
d) on which
9. If you ——————- happen to finish early, give me a ring.
10. I ——————- the books on the table.
1. Does she enjoy painting portraits?
2. Tired though he was, he went on working.
3. Shocked as she was, she could not figure out anything.
4. The peon rang the bell.
5. She could hardly contain her excitement.
6. Fewer students participated in the program.
7. She has lain on the bed all morning.
8. My uncle gave me his car for which I was very thankful.
9. If you should happen to finish early, give me a ring.
10. I laid the books on the table.