- My grandmother always misplaces her spectacles.
- I misplaced the car keys and spent the whole afternoon searching for them.
- These are important documents. Don’t misplace them.
- Put those books in their proper places. If you misplace them, it won’t be easy to find them.
A misplaced sense of loyalty is a sense of loyalty felts towards a person who doesn’t deserve it.
- Susmita receives several good job offers but a sense of misplaced loyalty prevents her from leaving her current employer.
- I still can’t believe that my faith in him was misplaced.
To displace is to put somebody or something out of the right or usual position. A displaced person is a stateless refugee in exile.
- Wars have displaced more people than natural calamities. (NOT Wars have misplaced more people than —)
- People displaced by the storm are still suffering in the refugee camps.