Complete the following sentences using appropriate verb forms.
1. After he ——————— his studies, he ——————– abroad.
a) finished; went
b) had finished; had gone
c) finished; had gone
d) had finished; went
2. I thought that I ——————– the parcel a week before.
b) had sent
c) would send
3. I wondered who ——————- the door open.
b) had left
c) have left
4. I ————————– my work before the guests ——————–
a) finished; arrived
b) had finished; arrived
c) had finished; had arrived
5. They ——————- in a castle which —————— on the castle for about 500 years.
a) lived; stood
b) lived; had stood
c) had lived; had stood
6. I ——————— her for years when we ——————–
a) knew; got married
b) had known; got married
c) have known; got married
7. After I ———————- my letters I —————– some gardening.
a) wrote; had
b) had written; did
c) have written; do
1. After he had finished his studies, he went abroad. / After he finished his studies, he went abroad.
2. I thought that I had sent the parcel a week before.
3. I wondered who had left the door open.
4. I had finished my work before the guests arrived.
5. They lived in a castle which had stood on the castle for about 500 years.
6. I had known her for years when we got married.
7. After I had written my letters I did some gardening.