Subject and predicate worksheet for class 3
Separate the subject and the predicate in the following sentences.
The subject is usually a person, place or thing.
The predicate usually begins with the verb.
1. Ram is playing with his ball.
2. Rani loves to eat ice-cream.
3. The cat chased the mouse.
4. I watched a film yesterday.
5. The teacher told a story.
6. He asked her to help him.
7. The cow is eating grass.
8. The boys and girls are playing in the garden.
9. Susie wrote a letter yesterday.
10. Alice can ride a bicycle.
11. India is the seventh largest country in the world.
12. My father works in Dubai.
13. Peter and Alan play for the national baseball team.
14. The sun is shining brightly.
15. She is my best friend.
1. Ram (subject) is playing with his ball (predicate).
2. Rani (subject) loves to eat ice-cream (predicate).
3. The cat (subject) chased the mouse (predicate).
4. I (subject) watched a film yesterday (predicate).
5. The teacher (subject) told a story (predicate).
6. He (subject) asked her to help him (predicate).
7. The cow (subject) is eating grass (predicate).
8. The boys and girls (subject) are playing in the garden (predicate).
9. Susie (subject) wrote a letter yesterday (predicate).
10. Alice (subject) can ride a bicycle (predicate).
11. India (subject) is the seventh largest country in the world (predicate).
12. My father (subject) works in Dubai (predicate).
13. Peter and Alan (subject) play for the national baseball team (predicate).
14. The sun (subject) is shining brightly (predicate).
15. She (subject) is my best friend (predicate).