Subject verb agreement | Grammar exercise
Complete the following sentences using a verb form that agrees with the subject. Watch our Youtube video for easy explanations of subject-verb agreement rules.
1. Fire and water ——————- not agree.
2. Shyam and his wife ——————— arrived.
3. My friend and benefactor ———————- come.
4. Early to bed and early to rise ——————- a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
5. Every man and every woman —————- a vote.
6. Neither the manager nor his colleagues ———————— present at the meeting.
7. You and he ——————– birds of the same feather.
8. No news —————— good news.
9. Each one of my sisters ——————- married.
10. Rama as well as Hari and Shiva —————— spicy food.
1. Fire and water do not agree.
2. Shyam and his wife have arrived.
3. My friend and benefactor has come.
4. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
5. Every man and every woman has a vote.
6. Neither the manager nor his colleagues were present at the meeting.
7. You and he are birds of the same feather.
8. No news is good news.
9. Each one of my sisters is married.
10. Rama as well as Hari and Shiva likes spicy food. (It is possible to connect two subjects with as well as; if the first subject is singular, the verb is also likely to be singular.)