Welcome to our section on English Writing. This section offers information on punctuation, figures of speech and quotations. There are also useful tips on various topics including letter writing, resume writing and essay writing. Whether you learned how to speak Spanish or Chinese or another language prior to learning English, you will certainly gain knowledge and proficiency in the English language by studying this information.
If you don't find what you want here feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our blog
We have just added a blog to the site where we post daily grammar lessons and interactive exercises. You can access the blog here.
- How to use transitional adverbs correctly?
- English writing tips
- How to write an essay?
- How to write a descriptive essay?
- How to add variety to your writing?
- How to avoid redundancy in writing
- How to vary and improve your sentences - part I
- How to vary and improve your sentences - part II
- How to write well?
- 24 words or phrases you must avoid
- Wordy phrases that you can omit
- How to write concisely
- How to proofread your writing?
- How to use an online dictionary?
- Discourse markers: nonetheless, however, even so, all the same, of course, if, still, certainly
- Sentence connectors expressing a contrast
- Popular quotations
Personal letter writing tips
Email writing tips
Informal letter sample 1
Informal letter sample 2
Informal letter sample 3
Informal letter sample 4
If you are looking for an online assistance with college essays and research papers, choose among US writers at http://grandessays.com.
How to build sentences?
You have to use a variety of sentence patterns to make your writing interesting. In this section, you will learn about the different sentence patterns in English.How to make complex sentences?
- How to make a complex sentence with a noun clause
- How to make a complex sentence with an adjective clause
- How to make a complex sentence with an adverb clause
- Common writing mistakes
Need help with writing
Be careful while choosing a custom writing service. Read this article to find out what you need to consider while choosing a writing company.
Here are a few writing services we recommend.
You may ask: "Who can write my essay for me online? You just need to contact professional writing service like PapersMart.net.
A guide to punctuation
- Full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Colon and semicolon
- Quotation marks
A guide to the principal differences between American and British English
- American and British English: differences in grammar - I
- American and British English: differences in grammar - II
- American and British English: differences in vocabulary - I
- American and British English: differences in vocabulary - II
- American and British English: differences in vocabulary - III
- American and British English: differences in vocabulary - IV
- American and British English: differences in usage - I
- American and British English: differences in usage - II
- American and British English: differences in spelling
- Popular Quotations - I
- Popular Quotations - II
- Popular Quotations - III
- Popular Quotations - IV
- Popular Quotations - V
- Popular Quotations - VI
Figures of Speech
- Simile and Metaphor
- Personification and Apostrophes
- Hyperbole and Understatement
- Antithesis and Oxymoron
- Epigram, Irony, Pun and Metonymy
- Climax and Anticlimax
General English writing
- Formal letter writing tips New!
- 10 Resume Writing Tips New!
- Autobiography Writing Tips New!
- Precis writing tips
- How to write dates?
- Use of Capital letters
- Some useful spelling rules
- Paragraph writing
- Formal and informal speech and writing
- Newspaper headlines grammar
- Newspaper headlines vocabulary Updated!
- Italicization rules
- Letter writing
- Essay writing Updated!
- Email writing tips
- Resume writing
- Cover-letter writing
- Personal letter writing tips
- Thank you notes
- Condolence letter writing tips
- TOEFL writing tips New!
- Key benefits of learning a foreign language
For a comprehensive account of English grammar, visit our section English Grammar. For English grammar and vocabulary exercises, visit Grammar and vocabulary exercises. For Business English writing lessons visit Business English New!