Banker’s Hours | Bean Counter | English Idioms
In this lesson, we will take a look at two job-related idioms.
If you have banker’s hours, you have a relatively easy working schedule.
- A career in banking can be quite stressful. In fact, most bankers don’t keep bankers’ hours these days.
- If you want to keep bankers’ hours, don’t opt for a career in sales and marketing.
- If you have young children, you should find a career with bankers’ hours.
This is a very common slang term used to refer to an accountant.
- If you are not much of a bean counter you should consider buying software to automate your company’s finances.
- We were keen on making some foreign acquisitions but the bean counters told us that we were short of money.