Degrees of comparison | Grammar exercise
Complete the following sentences using an adjective or adverb in the appropriate degree of comparison.
1. She is —————— than her sister.
b) more short
2. Fact is —————– than fiction.
a) more strange
3. The sun is ——————– than any other star.
c) more bright
4. Who is the —————– in the class?
a) best performer
b) better performer
5. She is ——————– than you think.
a) more intelligent
b) most intelligent
6. Janaki is ——————- than her sister.
a) more pretty
7. You are the ———————- person I have ever met.
a) more obstinate
c) most obstinate
8. The car is running ——————– since it had a service.
a) more smoothly
b) most smoothly
9. I want to spend the ——————— possible time working.
10. He plays ——————— than anybody else in the team.
c) more good
1. She is shorter than her sister.
2. Fact is stranger than fiction.
3. The sun is brighter than any other star.
4. Who is the best performer in the class?
5. She is more intelligent than you think.
6. Janaki is prettier than her sister.
7. You are the most obstinate person I have ever met.
8. The car is running more smoothly since it had a service.
9. I want to spend the least possible time working.
10. He plays better than anybody else in the team.