Difference Between Habit, Custom And Fashion
The words habit, custom and fashion have somewhat similar meanings and they are all used to refer to a way of behaving or doing that has become usual.
Difference between habit, custom and fashion
The word habit is mainly used to refer to a person’s behaviour.
- Why do you bite your fingernails? It is a bad habit.
- He has that awful habit of picking his teeth.
The word custom is mainly used to refer to a code of conduct followed by people belonging to a certain group.
- The custom among Hindus is to burn their dead.
- In India, the custom is to eat with the right hand.
- Each country has its own customs.
The word fashion is used to refer to styles that change more frequently than customs.
- The current fashion among girls is to cut their hair short.
- Do you follow fashion?
- Fashion keeps changing every week.