English Vocabulary Worksheet
Complete the following sentences using a word or phrase from the given options.
1. His enemies said that he was the ———————- of evil. (embodiment / enactment / example)
2. Gandhi ———————- all worldly wealth and power. (denounced / renounced / embraced)
3. The man attacked everybody without any ———————- at all. (precaution / provocation / prevention)
4. Climbing Mt. Everest is a ———————– achievement. (singular / synonymous / systematic)
5. Most people accept their lot with ——————— (resignation / deprivation)
6. Consumers are ———————– to various kinds of dishonest practices. (attracted / exposed / endorsed)
7. People ——————— their houses during festivals. (decorate / celebrate / exonerate)
8. An inquiry ———————- all those charged with the offense. (denounced / exonerated / deprived)
9. Tagore was an/a ———————— writer and painter. (notorious / eminent / skeptical)
10. The minister ———————— the use of violence. (exonerated / denounced / dispensed)
1. His enemies said that he was the embodiment of evil.
2. Gandhi renounced all worldly wealth and power.
3. The man attacked everybody without any provocation at all.
4. Climbing Mt. Everest is a singular achievement.
5. Most people accept their lot with resignation.
6. Consumers are exposed to various kinds of dishonest practices.
7. People decorate their houses during festivals.
8. An inquiry exonerated all those charged with the offense.
9. Tagore was an eminent writer and painter.
10. The minister denounced the use of violence.