Gerunds (Ing Forms)
When -ing forms are used like nouns, they are often called gerunds.
- Smoking is injurious to health.
- I like shooting.
- Trespassing is prohibited.
- Trading means buying or selling securities, goods and services.
- We got the job finished by working fourteen hours a day.
- To become a successful investor consider enrolling in an options trading education program.
- My English writing skills improve with every grammar exercise I do.
- Reading the Wall Street Journal will help you learn to manage your money.