Modal auxiliary verbs worksheet
Complete the following sentences using appropriate modal auxiliary verbs.
1. I don’t think that I ——————- be able to do this. (shall / should / can)
2. He —————– not pay unless he is compelled. (will / shall / dare)
3. You —————- be punctual. (should / would / ought)
4. ——————— I assist you? (Should / Would / Will)
5. ——————— you help me with this, please? (Would / Should / Shall)
6. You ——————— to pay your debts. (ought / should / must)
7. He said that I ——————— call him whenever I want. (can / might / should)
8. If you ——————– see her, give her my love. (would / should / can)
9. I ———————–him, so I sent a letter. (didn’t need to see / needn’t have seen / needn’t to see)
10. ——————– you show me the way to the station? (Shall / Might / Could)
1. I don’t think that I shall be able to do this.
2. He will not pay unless he is compelled.
3. You should be punctual.
4. Should I assist you?
5. Would you help me with this, please?
6. You ought to pay your debts.
7. He said that I can call him whenever I want.
8. If you should see her, give her my love.
9. I didn’t need to see him, so I sent a letter.
10. Could you show me the way to the station?