Phrasal Verbs Beginning With Letter A
Here is a list of phrasal verbs beginning with the letter A.
When something acts up it functions improperly. When somebody acts up, they behave improperly.
- Your little girl has started acting up again.
- You had better get that computer repaired. It is acting up again.
Add up to
When something adds up to a certain amount, it equals that amount.
- The total revenues from all forms of advertisement added up to $835.
When something adds up, it makes sense.
- I don’t think that she is telling the truth. Her story just doesn’t add up.
To ask around is to ask many people the same question.
- I asked around but nobody had seen my kitten.
Ask out (separable)
To ask somebody out is to invite them on a date.
- I am going to ask her out.
Ask over (separable)
To ask somebody over is to invite them to your home.
- I have asked Susie over for dinner.