Fill in the blanks with an appropriate preposition. Each question is followed by four suggested answers. Choose the most appropriate one.
English Grammar Exercises
1. I was amazed —————- her brilliant performance.
a) with b) at c) by d) to
2. He is afflicted —————– a serious ailment.
a) to b) by c) of d) with
3. Tea does not agree ————— me.
a) upon b) to c) with d) none of these
4. You must apologize ————— him for your rude behaviour.
a) with b) to c) at d) for
5. Is it possible to achieve just about everything one aims ————–?
a) at b) to c) with d) of
6. She often boasts —————– her aristocratic upbringing.
a) about b) of c) at d) with
7. Don’t brood ————– your past failures.
a) with b) at c) by d) over
8. We decided to call ——————- on the principal.
a) at b) on c) for d) with
9. He has been charged —————– the murder of his landlady.
a) out b) with c) by d) from
10. During the cold war era, the US and the USSR were competing ———– each other for world domination.
a) at b) with c) of d) to
11. She deals —————— antique furniture.
a) at b) with c) in d) of
12. Never deviate ——————– the path of truth and virtue.
a) to b) from c) with d) out
13. Eventually she complied ————– my requests.
a) at b) with c) at d) from
14. There is no cure —————– AIDS yet.
a) of b) for c) by d) with
15. She is keen ——————– pursuing higher education in the US.
a) at b) on c) with d) none
16. This novel makes several allusions —————- Greek mythology.
a) at b) with c) to d) of
17. He was anxious —————– contact his parents.
a) about b) of c) at d) to
18. She has an aptitude —————- science.
a) to b) for c) with d) none of these
19. The indulgent mother is always blind —————- her children’s faults.
a) at b) with c) to d) none of these
20. He was brought —————– by his grand parents.
a) about b) out c) in d) up
21. He is addicted —————– gambling.
a) with b) to c) at d) by
22. The robbers broke —————- the shop and looted it.
a) down b) away c) into d) off
23. She accused me —————— stealing her flowers.
a) about b) of c) with d) from
24. Be sure to avail yourself ————– this opportunity.
a) to b) with c) of d) on
25. She is always busy ————– something or the other.
a) at b) with c) by d) from
Visit www.perfectyourenglish.com for more grammar lessons, exercises and worksheets.