Reporting Yes/No Questions | Class 10 Grammar Worksheet
In order to report Yes/No questions, we use the conjunction if or whether.
Examples are given below.
- The teacher asked the student, ‘Have you done your homework?’
We can report this question using if or whether.
- The teacher asked the student if she had done her homework.
- The teacher asked the student whether he had done his homework.
Direct and indirect speech worksheet | Reporting questions
Report the following questions.
- She asked me, ‘Are you ready?’
- I asked her, ‘Do you want to come with me?’
- Suma asked Shyam, ‘Will you wait for me?’
- The mother asked the child, ‘Did you eat the lunch?’
- I asked the shopkeeper, ‘Do you sell milk?’
- The child asked the man, ‘Do you know where the post office is?’
- She asked me if I was ready. / She asked me whether I was ready.
- I asked her if / whether she wanted to come with me.
- Suma asked Shyam if /whether he would wait for her.
- The mother asked the child if /whether she had eaten her lunch.
- I asked the shopkeeper if / whether he sold milk.
- The child asked the man if/whether he knew where the post office was.