Reporting Yes/No Questions
Yes/no questions are reported with if or whether. Study the examples given below.
The boy asked his mother, ‘Is there anything in the fridge?’
The boy asked his mother if there was anything in the fridge.
The teacher asked the students, ‘Do you believe in ghosts?’
The teacher asked the students if they believed in ghosts.
Report the following questions.
1. She asked, ‘Will you help me?’
2. The stranger asked, ‘Do you know where Krishna lives?’
3. She asked, ‘May I know the truth?’
4. She asked, ‘Have you met my cousin Jay?’
5. The teacher asked the boy, ‘Have you paid the fee?’
6. She asked me, ‘Would you like to join us?’
7. ‘Can you speak English?’ the manager asked the candidate.
1. She asked me if I would help her.
2. The stranger asked me if I knew where Krishna lived.
3. She asked if she might know the truth.
4. She asked if I had met her cousin Jay.
5. The teacher asked the boy if he had paid the fee.
6. She asked me if I would like to join them.
7. The manager asked the candidate if he could speak English.