Sensible vs. Sensitive
Sensible means having or showing good sense. A sensible person does not make stupid decisions.
- She is very sensible.
- It was a sensible answer.
- ‘Let’s get married in Las Vegas.’ ‘Be sensible, honey. We haven’t got that much money.’
A sensitive person is quick to receive impressions. He or she may get hurt easily.
- The eyes are sensitive to light. (NOT The eyes are sensible to light.)
- He is very sensitive to criticism. (NOT The eyes are very sensible to criticism.)
- I have got sensitive skin.
- She is very sensitive.