Simple Past vs. Present Perfect Tense Worksheet For Class 9
Complete the following sentences using appropriate simple past or present perfect tense forms.
1. She ——————- from the Mumbai University in 1995.
b) has graduated
2. I ———————- his reply yesterday.
b) have received
3. He ——————— in Mumbai since his early childhood.
b) has lived
4. She ——————– him at once.
b) has recognized
5. I ——————— never had any interest in politics.
6. She ——————- him from entering her room.
b) has stopped
7. She ——————— nothing.
b) has said
8. I ——————- to meet him but I couldn’t.
9. The police ——————— the thieves.
b) have arrested
10. He ——————— his house and went abroad.
b) has sold
1. She graduated from the Mumbai University in 1995.
2. I received his reply yesterday.
3. He has lived in Mumbai since his early childhood.
4. She recognized him at once.
5. I have never had any interest in politics.
6. She stopped him from entering her room.
8. I wanted to meet him but I couldn’t.
9. The police arrested / have arrested the thieves. (While the simple past tense is also possible here, the present perfect tense is the better option.)
10. He sold his house and went abroad.