Tenses worksheet for grade 7 CBSE
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.
1. The boys ——————- when the guests arrived.
a) were playing
b) are playing
c) have played
2. She was surprised to hear that she ———————- the first prize.
a) had won
b) has won
c) Either could be used here
3. I ——————– trust strangers.
b) does not
c) has not
4. She is always launching new projects, but she ——————- any.
a) hasn’t finished
b) hadn’t finished
c) isn’t finished
5. I ——————– everywhere, but I couldn’t find him anywhere.
b) was looking
c) am looking
6. She —————— never helped anyone.
7. I couldn’t meet him because he had already ——————
c) was left
8. She ——————- him at once.
a) was recognizing
9. The boy ——————- for two weeks.
a) is missing
b) has been missing
c) has missed
10. The guests ——————– given a ceremonial welcome.
1. The boys were playing when the guests arrived.
2. She was surprised to hear that she had won the first prize.
3. I don’t trust strangers.
4. She is always launching new projects, but she hasn’t finished any.
5. I looked everywhere, but I couldn’t find him anywhere.
6. She has never helped anyone.
7. I couldn’t meet him because he had already left.
8. She recognized him at once.
9. The boy has been missing for two weeks.
10. The guests were given a ceremonial welcome.