Too…to… and so…that…
Study the following sentence.
I was too angry to speak.
This means the same as:
I was so angry that I could not speak.
Rewrite the following sentences using so…that…
1. I was too weak to walk.
2. We were too tired to move.
3. He was too sad to laugh.
4. I was too nervous to perform well.
5. It is too late for us to start now.
1. I was so weak that I could not walk.
2. We were so tired that we could not move.
3. He was so sad that he could not laugh.
4. I was so nervous that I could not perform well.
5. It is so late that we cannot start now.