An Earful | English Idioms
To get an earful is to get rebuked for doing something wrong or making a mistake.
- Don’t talk to her when she is in a bad mood. You will get an earful.
- I will get an earful if I miss another deadline.
- I can’t be late for office again. I already had an earful from the boss yesterday.
- If you can’t get the report finished by evening, get ready for an earful.
- So you have broken yet another window. Don’t you know how strict Dad is? You will surely be getting an earful.
- The Minister’s secretary got an earful for leaking confidential information to the media.