If you purchase an item that has value for its cost, it gives you bang for the buck. Note that buck is a slang word for dollar.
- That used car cost me only 1000 bucks and it was dependable for well over five years. It gave me bang for the buck!
- If you are looking to buy a car that gives the most bang for the buck, you should opt for this model.
- I still regret spending 500 dollars on that cellphone. It didn’t offer any bang for the buck.
- These mini laptops aren’t exactly fast. Still, for most users they offer plenty of bang for the buck.
- If you had been sensible, you wouldn’t have bought it. A twelve-year-old car wasn’t going to offer any bang for the buck.
- I would like to buy a plasma TV. Could you suggest a model that offers plenty of bang for the buck?