When you say that something is a drag, what you mean is that it is not interesting enough. It is another phrase that can be used instead of words like boring or tiring.
- I didn’t enjoy the film at all. The actors couldn’t deliver a convincing performance. Worse still, the dialogues were a drag.
- The lecture was such a drag that I fell asleep in the middle of it.
- I don’t enjoy her company. Whatever she says turns into a drag.
- I thought that the show would be interesting, but it turned out to be a drag.
To be a drag on somebody is to be a burden for them.
- He is such a drag on his family. He doesn’t work or earn.
- I don’t understand why he should be such a drag on me.