CBSE Class 10 English Grammar Practice Tests
Each sentence given below contains a blank space. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word or phrase. This integrated grammar practice test is designed for students of classes 9 and 10.
English Grammar Practice Test
1. I don’t care ——————– your opinion.
2. Sorry I broke the cup – I —————– help it.
b) couldn’t have
c) couldn’t but
3. Who takes —————— people in hospital?
a) care of
b) care about
d) none of these
Answer: care of
4. She is a selfish woman, but still I —————- her.
a) can’t help liking
b) can’t help like
c) can’t help but liking
d) help can’t liking
Answer: can’t help liking
5. I am the happiest man —————– the world.
After superlatives, we do not usually use of with a singular noun.
6. The house —————– I live is very small.
7. I haven’t paid. I haven’t —————-
d) as well as
8. The trees uprooted in the hurricane ————– all over the ground.
a) were laying
b) were lying
d) were laid
Answer: were lying
9. I always have trouble ——————- names.
a) to remember
d) to remembering
10. It ——————– since yesterday morning.
a) has been raining
b) is raining
c) was raining
d) had been raining
Answer: has been raining