Sentences are given in direct speech. Change them into indirect speech.
1. ‘When are you leaving for Chennai?’ Shyam asked me.
2. ‘Was there a big crowd at the meeting?’ asked the man.
3. ‘Is Mohan present in the room?’ the teacher asked.
4. ‘Do you expect to get a raise this year?’ my wife asked me.
5. Lakshmi said, ‘I’m leaving.’
6. He said to Raju, ‘Please wait here till I return.’
7. ‘Don’t spend all your money on gadgets,’ Mrs. John told her son.
8. ‘When did you leave school?’ the man asked the boy.
9. ‘Will you buy my hair?’ Della asked Madame.
10. ‘Where have you been all day?’ the father asked his daughter.
1. Shyam asked me when I was leaving for Chennai.
2. The man asked if / whether there was a big crowd at the meeting.
3. The teacher asked if / whether Mohan was present in the room.
4. My wife asked me if / whether I expected to get a raise.
5. Lakshmi said that she was leaving.
6. He requested Raju to wait there till he returned.
7. Mrs. John advised her son not to spend all his money on gadgets.
8. The man asked the boy when he had left school.
9. Della asked Madame if / whether she would buy her hair.
10. The father asked his daughter where she had been all day.