Complete the following sentences using an appropriate preposition.
1. You can borrow my car but you must bring it back —————— tonight. (by / in / at)
2. We live —————— the sea. We can actually see it. (by / near / on)
3. My uncle and aunt live ——————- Malaysia. (in / at / on)
4. I don’t like it when people stare —————- me. (at / on / with)
5. Please do not throw food —————— the animals. (to / at / on)
6. That picture will probably look better ——————– the other wall. (on / at / against)
7. She lives ——————— an apartment —————– the 6th floor. (in, on / at, in / on, in)
8. Agra is ——————- River Yamuna. (on / in / at)
9. I did some gardening ——————– the weekend. (at / on / in)
10. He can run 1000 metres ——————— about 2 minutes. (in / by / within)
1. You can borrow my car but you must bring it back by tonight. (By tonight means ‘tonight or before’)
2. We live by the sea. We can actually see it. (If you live near the sea you are perhaps a few kilometres away from it.)
3. My uncle and aunt live in Malaysia.
4. I don’t like it when people stare at me.
5. Please do not throw food to the animals. (When there is no idea of attack, the words throw and shout should be followed by to.)
6. That picture will probably look better on the other wall.
7. She lives in an apartment on the 6th floor.
8. Agra is on River Yamuna.
9. I did some gardening at / on the weekend.
10. He can run 1000 metres in about 2 minutes.