Present Continuous Tense Worksheet For Classes 4 And 5
Make sentences in the present continuous tense. We make present continuous tense forms by putting is, am or are before the -ing form of the verb.
Use ‘is’ when the subject is a singular noun (cat, boy, teacher) or singular pronoun (he, she, it).
Use ‘are’ when the subject is a plural noun (cats, girls, teachers) or plural pronoun (they, we, you).
Use ‘am’ when the subject is the first person singular pronoun I.
1. I —————– Oliver Twist. (read)
2. He ——————- with us. (not come)
3. The girls ——————— a song. (sing)
4. The child ——————- (cry)
5. Why —————– she —————–? (cry)
6. I ——————- letters. (write)
7. Dad ——————– the car. (repair)
8. She ——————— for a good job. (look)
9. They ——————- (sing and dance)
10. I —————– to hear from him. (wait)
11. I —————— your dad tomorrow. (see)
12. We ———————- on a holiday next week. (go)
1. I am reading Oliver Twist.
2. He is not coming with us.
3. The girls are singing a song.
4. The child is crying.
5. Why is she crying?
6. I am writing letters.
7. Dad is repairing the car.
8. She is looking for a good job.
9. They are singing and dancing.
10. I am waiting to hear from him.
11. I am seeing your dad tomorrow.
12. We are going on a holiday next week.