Before you can meet people, you will usually need to set a date and time. While making appointments, you should opt for a time convenient for both of you. Here are a few phrases that you can use while asking people to meet.
- Are you free tomorrow?
- Can we meet on the 26th?
- Are you available tomorrow?
- Are you available next Monday?
- Are you free this evening?
- What about the 15th of this month? Would it suit you?
- Is next Monday convenient for you?
- Can we meet sometime next week?
Agreeing on a date
- Yes, I’m free tomorrow.
- Yes, we can meet on the 26th.
- Yes, next Monday is fine.
- No problem, we can meet tomorrow.
Suggesting a different date
Here are a few phrases that you can use to suggest a different date for the meeting.
- I’m afraid I can’t make it on the 16th. Can we meet on the 17th or 18th?
- Monday isn’t quite convenient for me. Could we meet on Tuesday instead?
- 15th is going to be a little difficult. Can’t we meet on the 16th?
Changing the arrangement
Here is how to make changes to an arrangement you have already made.
- You know we had agreed to meet on the 15th? Well, I’m really sorry. I can’t make it after all. Some urgent business has come up. Can we fix another date?
- Some urgent business has suddenly cropped up and I won’t be able to meet you tomorrow. Can we fix another time?