Adverb Phrases And Adverb Clauses Worksheet For Class 8
An adverb phrase is a group of words that serves the same purpose as an adverb.
- The meeting will be held on Monday.
Here the phrase on Monday is an example of an adverb phrase as it shows the time of the action mentioned in the main clause.
An adverb clause serves the same purpose as an adverb. Unlike an adverb phrase, an adverb clause has a subject and a verb of its own.
- The meeting will be held after everyone arrives.
Here the adverb clause ‘after everyone arrives’ also shows the time of the action.
Adverb phrases and adverb clauses worksheet
The sentences given below contain an adverb phrase. Expand the adverb phrase into an adverb clause and rewrite the sentences.
Note that adverb clauses are usually introduced by words indicating time, place, frequency, manner, reason etc.
1. I am working hard to secure good marks.
2. She is saving money to buy a car.
3. We discussed many things during our last meeting.
4. The mangoes were sold in the market after harvest.
5. She went to Mumbai to find work.
1. I am working hard so that I can secure good marks.
2. She is saving money so that she can buy a car.
3. We discussed many things when we met last time.
4. The mangoes were sold in the market after they were harvested.
5. She went to Mumbai so that she could find work.