Class 9 English Vocabulary Exercise
Test your range of English vocabulary with this interactive vocabulary exercise.
In the following questions sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the best alternative.
English Vocabulary Exercises
none of these
none of these
1. History is replete with examples that prove that the Goddess of success smiles only at those who are prepared to take decisions whatever the consequences.
2. The ability to make effective decisions is a fundamental requirement for both professional success and personal happiness.
3. An effective decision can result in surprising but welcome changes to your life.
4. Although effective decision making is so essential to all areas of our lives, we spend little time considering how to go about it.
5. He eats neither red meat nor chicken and favours sea food to keep a check on cholesterol
6. Ineffective decision makers are fearful of taking charge of their lives.
7. People who have never realized the importance of sound decision making often find the work tedious and skip it whenever they can.
8. Effective decision makers on the other hand have a spring in their step.
9. Effective decision makers know how to go about weighing up the pros and cons, how to meet deadlines, and how to consult others for advice.
10. Australia is hailed all over the world for world-class academic opportunities for international students.
11. Good leaders know mass emotions well and utilize them to an extraordinary degree.
12. Despite his tremendous intellectual efforts he could not succeed
13. Although he was aware of the futility of his plans, he insisted on their implementation