Class 10 English Vocabulary Exercise
Test your range of English vocabulary with this interactive vocabulary exercise. In the following questions sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the best alternative.
English Vocabulary Exercise For Class 10
1. I don’t think it is wise to arm the judiciary with more powers.
2. In his address to the teachers, the Vice Chancellor highlighted certain measures being taken to improve the quality of higher education.
3. The armed forces swung into action and soon cordoned off the entire area.
4. It was a bumpy journey yet we all slept soundly.
5. The lights went out and the whole city plunged into darkness.
6. The eminent lawyer attributes his success to his father’s guidance.
7. No doubt he has achieved much, but I cannot give him credit for all that he boasts of.
8. Engineers have not yet been able to successfully harness the power of sunlight for the production of electricity.
9. The series of violent incidents have succeeded in drawing the attention of authorities.
10. What we need to develop is an export oriented economic structure.
11. He is hell bent on making trouble.
12. What matters most in extremely complex situations like this is the ability to make speedy decisions.