Difference between childish and childlike
The words childish and childlike are often confused. Childish refers to the unattractive traits of children. Examples are temper tantrums and lack of seriousness. If your behaviour is childish, you are very immature.
- Her behaviour is very childish and that is why I don’t like her company.
- Don’t be so childish.
- Her childish manners made her unpopular.
- He embarrassed his parents with his childish behaviour.
Childlike refers to the attractive traits of children, such as innocence, enthusiasm etc.
- She has a wonderful childlike faith in people.
- Her childlike innocence made her quite popular among her friends.