Sentences are given in the direct speech. Change them into indirect speech. This grammar exercise is for students of classes 8, 9 and 10.
Direct and Indirect Speech Worksheet
1. ‘I didn’t talk to him,’ said Kamala.
2. ‘I will never talk to Sam again,’ said Mary.
3. ‘I have already sent the letter,’ he told me.
4. ‘I cannot talk to you because I am too busy,’ he told me.
5. ‘I am going to have a word with my boss,’ he told me.
6. ‘There is going to be a storm,’ said the forecast.
7. ‘He is living in Mumbai at the moment, ‘ says his mother.
8. ‘I am not doing your homework,’ my sister told me.
9. ‘I have been in Agra for over a week but I haven’t had time to visit the Taj Mahal,’ said Rahul.
10. ‘Tomorrow at 10 am, I will be writing my exam,’ my brother told me.
1. Kamala said that she hadn’t talked to him.
2. May said that she would never talk to Sam again.
3. He told me that he had already sent the letter.
4. He told me that he couldn’t talk to me because he was too busy.
5. He told me that he was going to have a word with his boss.
6. The forecast said that there was going to be a storm.
7. His mother says that he is living in Mumbai at the moment.
8. My sister told me that she was not doing my homework.
9. Rahul exclaimed that he had been in Agra for over a week but he hadn’t had time to visit the Taj Mahal.
10. My brother told me that the next day at 10 am, he would be writing his exam. / My brother told me that he would be writing his exam at 10 am, the following day.