If clauses worksheet for class 8 and 9 CBSE
Third conditional is used to talk about imaginary or hypothetical situations. In the third conditional, we use a past perfect tense in the if-clause and would have + past participle in the main clause.
Make sentences showing unfulfilled conditions in the past for the situations given below. One has been done for you.
Puzzle simpler / solved easily
If the puzzle had been simpler, I would have solved it easily.
1. Milk sweeter / enjoyed drinking it.
2. Job finished in a hurry / be more acceptable.
3. Weather favourable / gone swimming in the sea.
4. Well written essay / fetched better grades.
5. You study regularly / do well in the exam.
6. Plot not interesting / movie not a hit
7. More talented / participated in more contests.
1. If the milk had been sweeter, we would have enjoyed drinking it.
2. If the job had not been finished in a hurry, it would have been more acceptable.
3. If the weather had been favourable, we would have gone swimming in the sea.
4. If the essay had been well-written, it would have fetched better grades.
5. If you had studied regularly, you would have done well in the exam.
6. If the plot had been interesting, the movie would have been a hit.
7. If I had been more talented, I would have participated in more contests.