Passive Voice Worksheet
Complete the following sentences using appropriate passive verb forms. Choose your answer from the given options.
1. We were ——————————— by the police inspector.
a) questioning b) questioned c) either could be used here
2. The table ——————————— up for firewood.
a) broke b) was broken c) either could be used here
3. She likes ——————————— at.
a) looked b) being looked c) being looking
4. Your life ——————————- by this film.
a) will be changing c) will be changed c) will change
5. French ——————————- in many countries including France, Belgium and Switzerland.
a) is speaking b) is spoken c) speaks
6. The roof ——————————- by the workers.
a) is repairing b) is being repaired c) is been repaired
7. We —————————– about her health.
a) worried b) are worried c) are worrying
8. I don’t know why I ——————————–
a) have chosen b) have been chosen c) was choosing
9. He ————————– to be a criminal.
a) knew b) is known c) has known
10. I ——————————- to send a stamped envelope.
a) asked b) was asked c) was asking
1. We were questioned by the police inspector.
2. The table was broken up for firewood.
3. She likes being looked at.
4. Your life will be changed by this film.
5. French is spoken in many countries including France, Belgium and Switzerland.
6. The roof is being repaired by the workers.
7. We are worried about her health.
8. I don’t know why I have been chosen.
9. He is known to be a criminal.
10. I was asked to send a stamped envelope.