Sentence completion exercise for grade 9
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate word or phrase.
1. He was accused ————————–
a) to steal the money
b) of stealing the money
2. She accused me ————————- her dog.
a) with poisoning
b) of poisoning
3. She is very confident ———————-
a) to win
b) of winning
4. The teacher congratulated the boy ——————–
a) on his success
b) for his success
c) at his success
5. I am too tired ———————
a) to work
b) that I cannot work
6. He is not used to ———————-
a) work hard
b) working hard
7. Mary asked me ————————
a) how I managed to get there
b) how did I manage to get there
8. He was so tired ———————–
a) that he fell asleep
b) that he falls asleep
9. That is the shop ———————-
a) where they sell used cameras
b) there they sell used cameras
10. The cruel master made them ———————-
a) to work long hours
b) work long hours
1. He was accused of stealing the money.
2. She accused me of poisoning her dog.
3. She is very confident of winning.
4. The teacher congratulated the boy on/for his success.
5. I am too tired to work.
6. He is not used to working hard.
7. Mary asked me how I managed to get there.
8. He was so tired that he fell asleep.
9. That is the shop where they sell used cameras.
10. The cruel master made them work long hours.