Sentence completion exercise for class 10
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate word or phrase. Choose your answer from the given options.
1. I can’t understand ———————–
a) why is she upset with me
b) why she is upset with me
2. If he asked me, ———————–
a) I would have helped him
b) I would help him
c) I will help him
3. If you had waited a little longer, you ——————— my parents.
a) could meet
b) could have met
c) can meet
4. She would have come ————————
a) if you invited her
b) if you had invited her
c) if you invite her
5. No sooner had the train arrived, ————————- to board it.
a) when the passengers rushed
b) than the passengers rushed
6. Would you mind —————————?
a) moving a bit
b) to move a bit
7. If you ———————— well, you will not become a butt of jokes.
a) conducted yourself
b) conduct yourself
c) had conducted yourself
8. He was so weak ———————–
a) that he could not walk
b) to walk
9. If I were the king, ———————–
a) I will make you my queen
b) I would make you my queen
10. She is very proud ——————–
a) of her beauty
b) at her beauty
1. I can’t understand why she is upset with me.
2. If he asked me, I would help him.
3. If you had waited a little longer, you could have met my parents.
4. She would have come if you had invited her.
5. No sooner had the train arrived, than the passengers rushed to board it.
6. Would you mind moving a bit?
7. If you conduct yourself well, you will not become a butt of jokes.
8. He was so weak that he could not walk.
9. If I were the king, I would make you my queen.
10. She is very proud of her beauty.