Tenses exercise for classes 9 and 10
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.
1. I —————— the examination last year. (take)
2. It —————— two to tango. (take)
3. Why —————— you —————– him? (beat)
4. When I ——————- (decide) to go abroad I ——————- (be) sure that my grandmother ——————- (will) be upset.
5. I ——————— (know) it —————— a wrong thing to do.
6. I ——————– (see) you tomorrow.
7. He ———————- (already reject) our offer.
8. The poor should not ——————— (laugh) at.
9. Those who ——————- (not respect) their parents and teachers cannot —————– (call) civilized.
10. I ——————– (wait) for you at the bus station.
1. I took the examination last year.
2. It takes two to tango.
3. Why did you beat him? / Why do you beat him?
4. When I decided to go abroad I was sure that my grandmother would be upset.
5. I know it is a wrong thing to do. / I knew it was a wrong thing to do.
6. I will see you tomorrow.
7. He has already rejected our offer.
8. The poor should not be laughed at.
9. Those who do not respect their parents and teachers cannot be called civilized.
10. I will wait for you at the bus station.