Tenses worksheet for ESL students
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.
1. Edison —————————- newspapers and magazines before he became a successful inventor.
b) had sold
c) was selling
d) had been selling
2. In my youth I ————————- football every day.
a) had played
c) was playing
d) had been playing
3. I ——————— for Delhi tomorrow.
a) am leaving
b) was leaving
c) have been leaving
d) had left
4. Heat ———————- bodies.
b) would expand
d) is expanding
5. We ————————— living in this city since 1995.
c) have been
d) had been
6. We ————————- in Mumbai for fourteen years now.
b) have lived
c) had lived
d) were living
7. Did you ——————- him yesterday?
d) were seeing
8. Nobody will ever ———————– what happened to him.
a) find out
b) found out
c) had found out
d) be finding
9. I could ———————– her if I wanted to.
b) have married
d) be marrying
10. Do you ———————- what you are doing?
d) had known
1. Edison sold newspapers and magazines before he became a successful inventor.
2. In my youth I played football every day.
3. I am leaving for Delhi tomorrow.
4. Heat expands bodies.
5. We have been living in this city since 1995.
6. We have lived in Mumbai for fourteen years now.
7. Did you meet him yesterday?
8. Nobody will ever find out what happened to him.
9. I could marry her if I wanted to.
10. Do you know what you are doing?