Tenses Worksheet For Grade 10
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate tense form.
1. I ———————- for his reply since last week.
a) had been waiting
b) have been waiting
c) am waiting
2. This time tomorrow, I ———————- with my grandchildren.
a) will play
b) will be playing
c) am playing
3. I ——————– the newspaper every morning.
b) will read
c) am reading
d) have read
4. When I visited her she ——————— bed-ridden for six months.
a) had been
c) has been
5. I —————— in 2006.
b) will graduate
c) had graduated
d) would graduate
6. There ——————— a famine in Bengal in 1982.
c) has been
d) had been
7. During Akbar’s reign the Mughals ———————— the supreme power in India.
b) had become
d) would become
8. Janet ———————– home.
b) has gone
c) had gone
9. It is 6 o’clock. She ———————- home.
a) will reach
b) will have reached
c) is reaching
10. She ———————- many awards for her contribution to classical music.
b) has won
c) had won
1. I have been waiting for his reply since last week.
2. This time tomorrow, I will be playing with my grandchildren.
3. I read the newspaper every morning.
4. When I visited her she had been bed-ridden for six months.
5. I graduated in 2006.
6. There was a famine in Bengal in 1982.
7. During Akbar’s reign the Mughals became the supreme power in India.
8. Janet has gone home. (The sentence ‘Janet went home’ is also correct; however, when there is no time reference we use the present perfect tense to talk about finished actions.)
9. It is 6 o’clock. She will have reached home.
10. She has won many awards for her contribution to classical music. (The sentence ‘She won many awards.’ is also correct.)