CBSE class 5 sentence correction worksheet 1
Rewrite the following sentences correctly.
1. I bought a trouser.
2. Have you got a scissors?
3. She has got too many luggages.
4. Have you got any new informations about them?
5. She is more clever than her sister.
6. He is tallest boy in the class.
7. The husband of Maya is an engineer.
8. This is ours house.
9. Who’s bag is this?
10. Its not mine.
11. I have submitted my work. Have you submitted your?
12. I have never been to hers house.
13. There are no secrets between you and I.
14. I met boy in store.
15. We watched movie yesterday. Movie was very good.
1. I bought a pair of trousers.
2. Have you got a pair of scissors?
3. She has got too much luggage. (The word ‘luggage’ is uncountable; it does not have a plural form.)
4. Have you got any new information about them? (The word ‘information’ is uncountable. It does not have a plural form.)
5. She is cleverer than her sister.
6. He is the tallest boy in the class. (Superlative adjectives take the article ‘the’.)
7. Maya’s husband is an engineer.
8. This is our house.
9. Whose bag is this?
10. It’s not mine. (Its is a possessive word like my or his; it’s means it is or it has)
11. I have submitted my work. Have you submitted yours?
12. I have never been to her house.
13. There are no secrets between you and me. (Here the pronouns ‘you’ and ‘me’ are the objects of the preposition ‘between’. The object should be in the objective case.)
14. I met a boy in the store.
15. We watched a movie yesterday. The movie was very good. (Use ‘a’ when you introduce a noun; use ‘the’ in subsequent references to that noun.)