Test your range of English vocabulary through this interactive exercise.
Fill in the blanks.
English Vocabulary Exercises
get rid of
- He -------------- smoking at his wife’s request.
go in for
- I don’t think that it will be wise for us to hold back this information from her.
- The meeting has been held over till next week.
- The roof of a house keeps off the sun and the rain.
- A large number of men and women laid down their lives for winning us our independence.
- Spoilt rich kids often seem to believe that they can commit a crime and then get off
- He gave up smoking at his wife’s request.
- The judge promised to go into the matter himself.
- All of a sudden the gun went off
- A large number of people are carried off every year by malaria.
- I shall call on you next Monday.
- Adversity calls forth the best qualities in man.
- The project fell through for lack of fund.
- The angry mob fell upon the police men.