Phrasal Verbs | Letter O
Here is a list of phrasal verbs beginning with O. Each phrasal verb is followed by its meaning / definition and example sentences.
When something occurs to you, it suddenly comes to your mind.
- Suddenly a brilliant idea occurred to me.
- It didn’t occur to me that I hadn’t turned the faucet off.
To open up is to share your feelings with others.
- Gauri isn’t quite reserved, but she takes a little longer to open up.
- A: What happened to Aditi? She looks very concerned.
- B: There is no way we can find out. She isn’t the kind who would open up.
When somebody is out to do something, they are hell bent on doing it.
- He is out to get revenge on the man who killed his wife.